If you are creating special PDF’s for lead generation, good for you! You are on the right track to starting an inbound marketing program. One of the key elements of inbound marketing is to make sure your content is findable and shareable. One of the best ways to make sure your e-book is shareable is to create share buttons with a couple lines of code.
I will show you how to create share buttons for e-books in this video:
This is What the Share URL Looks Like:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=YOUR LINK GOES HERE using the Google URL Builder
When you get to your PDF, perform the following actions:
1. Click on Tools/Advanced Editing/Link Tool
2. Highlight the image or text
3. For Link Type, choose Invisible Rectangle
4. Highlight style, choose inverted
5. Link Action, choose Open a Web Page
6. Paste the link that you copied from the Word Document into the box.
7. Test out the link by clicking on it.
Tune in next week for a tutorial on formatting a Tweet for the Twitter share button!
Did you find this video tutorial helpful? What else do you want to know when formatting PDFs?