I always knew that social media influence should always be weighted more heavily than any other variable in the “viral equation”. Last year, I wrote about a specific case study on how influencers can give you a boost in awareness and leads for your business. Well the influence fairy left a little bit of her magic dust again.
This time it was Social Media Examiner‘s Facebook page. Now I will say that we didn’t necessarily gain leads and sales, but their audience sure is influenced by any recommendations they make. If people weren’t aware of us before, a lot more are aware now. This is the first step in filling the marketing funnel. If we continue to serve valuable content and helpful updates, we will gain even more traction.
So let’s go through what occurred:
1. I saw that Facebook Offers had just launched on our client’s Facebook page.
2. I took a screen shot of the pop up message and shared it on our Facebook page.
3. Copied the status update link
4. Shared it on Social Media Examiner’s Facebook page
5. Andrea (the community manager and author of Facebook Marketing for Dummies) asked if she could share, and I said, “Hellz yea!”.
6. We ended up reaching approximately 25,000 people over a 5 day period. If you look at our reach before, you can obviously tell they had an impact!
I think this example pretty much speaks for itself. Thank you so much to Social Media Examiner for making our week!